- Model Year: 1983
- Odometer: 28,000
- Engine: 258 CI w/ Mopar Fuel Injection
- Transmission: NSG 370 Six-Speed
- Color: Dupont ChromaBase Gray
- City/Area: West Monroe
- State/Region: Louisiana
More Information & Pictures
This frame-off restoration is owned by the ex-owner / CEO of Superlift Suspension Systems.
The work was meticulously performed by Superlift’s Product Development Department.
The Jeep had approx. 18,000 original miles on it when the restoration began; it now has approx. 28,000 miles.
Prior to restoration, the Scrambler was initially used on a farm then it set dormant in a barn for approx. 15 years.
Post-restoration, the Jeep has only seen asphalt.
- Paint: Dupont ChromaBase Gray with black and red accents.
- Engine: Factory 258 inline 6 cylinder with Mopar Fuel Injection (Part Number P5249686AE). Engine was completely rebuilt at 18,000 miles.
- Drivetrain: Replaced factory 4-speed transmission with a NSG 370 6-speed manual from 2006-09 Jeep TJ. The 6-speed dovetails excellently with the Jeep’s torque curve. New clutch, pressure plate and flywheel resurface. Factory axles and transfer case were reconditioned. New Warn locking hubs.
- Suspension: Factory Jeep YJ spring conversion; the wider YJ leaf springs considerably improve ride quality. Black Diamond hydraulic shocks, and steering stabilizer.
- Tires / Wheels: 31 x 10.50R15 Falken Wildpeak ATs, on ProComp black spoke wheels
- Air Conditioning – Vintage Air with controls incorporated into factory dash switches
- Dynamat heat and sound suppression mat on floorboards and tranny tunnel
- New carpet, and mostly new weatherstriping, new floor mats
- Tuffy Security center console also houses a Panasonic radio / CD player. Kicker speakers, mounted in factory dash locations.
- Tinted windows
- Factory seats with slip-over covers
- Textured bed liner
- Better Built tool box mounted with rubber insulators
- Factory rear bumber-ettes
- Warn Zenon 10S 10,000 pound winch with synthetic rope (Part Number 89611)
- Includes original window sticker, Owner’s Manual, plus all original documents. In 1983, this jewel retailed for $9,388!
Will consider trade, or partial trade. Also interested in firearms.